Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dear Diary 4

Dear Diary,

The work week is over. It was okay. Of course, I would have liked to be at home writing but I have to do what I have to do to pay them bills. One of these days my writing is going to be what gets them paid. I'm really focused and my eyes are on the prize.

Today my husband and I are going to hang out with one of our favorite couples. I'm really looking forward to it. I need to unwind. We're going out for a few drinks. I know it will be fun. It's always good to be around people whose company you enjoy.

I didn't get any writing done yesterday and I felt a little guilty about it. I'm right at the end of my book and I want to finish. I feel like a pregnant woman at the end of her third trimester. The anticipation is killing me. I'm ready to give birth to the novel that i've been carrying for the past year. It's time for my baby to be born.

I think my husband has been feeling a little neglected because I start writing as soon as I get home. For the past couple of weeks my focus has been on what i'm doing and not on him. Part of me says he needs to just deal with it, but the other part realizes that men need a lot of attention. I sacrificed my writing time to make him happy. He did tell me he was proud of my focus. That made me smile.

More and more people are asking me what my novel is about. Am I wrong for not wanting to tell them? I don't mean any harm but they need to wait until it comes out and buy and copy. Support a sister.

Tomorrow I have to make up for the writing time i've missed. Whenever I don't write I feel a little out of sorts. Writing is my Jerry McGuire, it completes me. I'm feeling a little incomplete right now, but i'll put myself back together tomorrow.

Time to go out and have some fun!

Until tomorrow....

3 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I feel you. Who am I without a pen in my hand? I have a book that's ready but I can't let it go. I keep editing it over and over.... I found it easier to write when I was in my dark, scary place. The words just flowed when I was in pain, kind of like a Mary J. song how she's always on point when she's down.

I hope that you and your husband had a blast cause it's almost MONDAY again. And sista, I know the feeling, we all got bills ;-)

Peace and blessings and much success on your work of ART!

Strongblkwmn said...

Thank you so much!

Our night out started out great and ended up bad for the couple we were with. They got into a huge fight.

I have to make up for all the writing time i've missed. I'm right at the end of my book. I know i'll be doing a lot of editing, but I can't wait to write that last word and know that the first stage of the process is done.

The Fitness Diva said...

I'm feeling you on the writing thing. I'm on the train with my little notebook everyday writing my head off. I can't wait to get on the train, sit down, pop out that book and get my fix.

I WON'T allow myself to be in a relationship right now BECAUSE I don't want to lose focus.
Yes, men need a ton of attention, and I know I'm needing to be a little selfish and ME focused right now. Just wouldn't be fair to anyone to come into my life right now. There is just too much that I'm trying to do.

Thank God for that urge to write, though, right?
I completes a big part of me too! :)