Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dear Diary 10

Dear Diary,

Yesterday was wonderful. I got a lot of writing done and relished the sound of nothing in my home. My son came home a little earlier than I thought and I had to hold back the urge to ask him what the hell he was doing home, but it was okay. He may have been thinking the same thing. He's the first one to get home and i'm sure he likes his alone time as much as I do.

I went to work feeling great. It's crazy how one good day off can replinish you. There's always drama on my job, but i've been doing my best to stay out of it. Because of one of my co-workers, the vibe can be a little sticky from time to time but I have a couple people I enjoy talking to so it's okay.

One of my co-workers is a deejay and music producer. He is producing music for his cousin, who can really sing, and they are close to a record deal. We share a bond of creativity that a lot of people don't understand. He knows how I feel knowing that I am close to being done with the first draft of my novel and shares in my excitement. We encourage one another and it's nice to have that person who understands what i'm feeling.

There are so many miserable people where I work. Part of me wants to feel sorry for them, but their attitudes are so disgusting sometimes that they sympathy goes out the window. Misery, indeed, loves the hell out of company. Our job is the end all be all for a lot of them because they have nothing else to do. They don't take the time to find an interest or cultivate a talent because they're too busy worrying about what everyone else has or what they're doing. Crabs in a barrel...

I was telling my co-worker that everyone he thinks is happy for him isn't. Actually, I told him that a long time ago. I stopped talking about my book with certain people because I could feel their negative energy, even when they had on a fake, supportive smile. He finally sees what i've been saying. People's true colors are starting to show.

All I can do is pray for them and keep it moving.

Until Tomorrow...

1 comment:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I can definitely feel you in reference to the negative work enviornment. I've come to realize that there are a lot of unhappy people in this world and a lot of lost souls. I try to kill them with kindness but oftentimes that doesn't work either. So when all else fails, say a prayer and keep it moving. Much love to your coworker with his goals and dreams! PS Don't let those people steal your joy!