Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dear Diary 2

Dear Diary,

I met a really nice, older lady in the nail salon today. She had such a beautiful spirit, and was fly as hell. Every part of her swagger was tight. She had a short, curly afro, her makeup was flawless, her outfit was tight, and her Louis Vuitton bag was to die for. She also had the prettiest smile i've ever seen.

We had some really nice conversation. She was a newly retired nurse and it was obvious that she was loving life. All I could think when I looked at her was, "That's what's up." I'm looking forward to the day when I can say I had a good career, took care of my family, and handled my business, and now it's my time.

This beautiful lady was getting the works at the nail salon in preparation for a cruise. She'll be off to the sea in a couple days and she couldn't stop smiling. I was so happy for her. It will be her first cruise and when I told her i've been on a couple she asked a lot of questions. Her excitement was infectious and before I knew it everyone in the place was talking.

Before she left, she told us all to, "Live a life that prepares you for tomorrow." She's in the second phase of her life and can enjoy it because she did such a good job in the first one. That was a lesson learned. It's never a bad idea to be prepared.

I pray that I can be as happy and fly as the woman I met in the nail salon when i'm her age. I think i'm off to a good start. I still have a few years ahead of me. I'm 40 and i'm just settling into being me. Hopefully, i'll have everything in place when I reach the age of retirement.

The first phase of my life is going pretty good. Hopefully i'll have a second phase like the woman I met today.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Good evening "Strong Black Woman". I love your title "Dear Diary." That is how I title my personal journals. I have so many but that's another day...

I see that you said "I pray that I can be as happy..." Happiness is a state of mind. For the past year and a half I have been telling myself before the day begins that I'm going to have a great day and I haven't had a bad one yet (exhausting and frustrating at times because of my line of work, but not BAD.) After my divorce, I took control of my life and being in control of me feels damn good. No one can take this happiness away from me because I gave it to myself (with the Lord's help.) You can be as "happy" as you choose to be and you don't have to wait for the second phase of your life to do it. (Not saying that you are) I am 44 and when I turned 40, my life took a change towards less people pleasing and more (what do I want) Welcome to the 4o's your going to love it. Lastly, you also said "hopefully" twice. CLAIM IT GIRLFRIEND. God wants us all to live abudantly, we are the ones who put restrictions on our lives, mainly through the opinion of others. I'm quite sure you made just as an impression on her as she did on you!!! Peace & Blessings!