Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dear Diary 46


Dear Diary,

My husband and I are going upstate to visit some friends for a few days at the end of the week. I cannot wait. A change of scenery is going to do me good. It's going to be nice to have some good times with good friends in a different space. I love my city, but sometimes the hustle and constant go, go, go, of New York can get under your skin.

Work is a real pain this week and I just want to make it to Friday. I'm trying not to let the negative energy around me affect my mood, but it isn't easy. My supervisor has no life and although I feel sorry for her it would be nice if she didn't bring a black cloud to work with her every day. I had to say something to her today because there are just certain things I will not tolerate. I am a 41 year old woman and I will not be treated like a child.

It's crazy how some people think a title gives them card blanche to do and say whatever they want. One of my biggest pet peeves is having someone insult my intelligence or treat me like a child. I don't extend the opportunity to do either of those things to anyone. I never have and I never will. So, I had to let her know how I feel and because she thinks supervisor equals God she has an attitude. I actually like the silent treatment and I feel bad for her because she doesn't know how to respond to criticism.

So anyway, i'm off to visit friends and I cannot wait to leave this city behind for a little while. They live in a small town and it's going to be nice to grab a drink and sit on the porch and chit chat and laugh. I need that right now.

4 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Have a Blast, you deserve it. And don't forget to hold hands (smile)

Love ya.
PS praying for your supervisor.

Solomon said...

Hope you have a great time.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Strongblkwmn said...

Butterfly - I'm so excited to get away. I'll make sure we take a long walk and hold hands.

Solomon - Thank you. I'm sure we'll have a ball.