Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dear Diary 41


Dear Diary,

I was cleaning out my old locker and came across something that was taped inside. It definitely hit home for me. Here it is:

Dear God,

I want to thank you for what you have already done. I am not going to wait until I see results or receive rewards, I am thanking you right now.

I am not going to wait until I feel better or things look better, I am thanking you right now.

I am not going to wait until people say sorry or until they stop talking about me, I am thanking you right now.

I am not going to wait until the pain in my body disappears, I am thanking you right now.

I am not going to wait until my financial situation improves, I am going to thank you right now.

I am not going to wait unti the children are asleep and the house is quiet, I am going to thank you right now.

I am not going to wait until I get promoted at work or until I get a job, I am going to thank you right now.

I am not going to wait until I understand every experience in my life that has caused me pain or grief, I am going to thank you right now.

I am not going to wait unit the journey gets easier or the challenges are removed, I am thanking you right now.

I am thanking you because I am alive. I am thanking you because I made it through the day's difficulties. I am thanking you because I have walked around the obstacles. I am thanking you because I have the ability and the opportunity to do more and do better.

I am thanking you because you have not given up on me. God is so good and he's good all the time!

Until tomorrow...Take the time to say thank you.

3 comments:

SLC said...

Thank you.
You are making excellent use of this season.
Again, Thank you, and I Thank God For You.

SLC

Strongblkwmn said...

I thank him for you too. Your words always make me smile, or think, or feel better. Thank you.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Thank you Lord. Thank you for Tammy and putting the fire in her to create a blog. To invite us into her life, her journey and her passion for digging deep inside herself in search of your grace.

Love and hugs.
Hey to you SLC.