Friday, January 9, 2009

Dear Diary 29




Dear Diary,

It's 2009! The year went so fast that I barely remember half the things I did. I do know that it was a year of ups and downs. Things could have been better, but i'm not going to complain. Instead of doing that, I will look at the arrival of 2009 as a chance to make things better.

I went to a party on new years eve and had a wonderful time. It's always great to be around good people. There was no drama and everyone just wanted to have fun. That's sort of the way I plan to live in 2009, no drama only good things. I know there's no way that things will be perfect, but I will do all I can to make sure it's as good as it can be.

My number one priority right now is publishing my novel. I'm at the end of my first round of editing and it feels good. I'm an author. I smile every time I think about what i've done. I have a great feeling. Things are going to go well.

When 2008 ended, I let go of a lot of the things I had on my mind and spirit. I'm genuinely looking at 2009 with a clean slate. I changed a lot last year. I've become a stronger, more positive woman. My shoulders feel lighter. There were some negative energies in my life that I have gotten rid of and it really made a huge difference.

I'm more than ready to face whatever happens this year. I feel stronger and I have so much more faith that things will go well. I'm learning how to let go and let God. I know that my destiny has already been written and I can feel that something is about to happen.

I'm sure there have been times in the past when I could have had the success I wanted, but it wasn't time. I wasn't ready. I've done a lot of soul searching and i'm in such a good place. I feel that the trials of 2008 were preparing me for the blessings of 2009. Finally, i'm ready to receive and appreciate all the good things that I feel are coming my way.

Until tomorrow....

5 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Happy Saturday young lady. I pray that all is well with your family. I've missed hearing from you. Welcome back and I'm looking forward to you diary entries this year as your writing has helped me grow and others who may not have commented in your post. Oftentimes people don't like to share because they don't know how or they'e in hiding pretending that they have it all together. On any accout, keep writing and blessing us with your talent and life lessons.

Love, peace and success on your novel!

At work I have a sayin on my desk that says, "You are what you beleive, therefore; I am a published author and so are you!

Claim it!

Strongblkwmn said...

Hi butterfly! How's the book coming along? I'm at the end of my first stage of editing and ready to start the process over again.

I was feeling frustrated about something and I let it bleed into my blogging, which is something I said didn't want to do.

Thank you for your words, you always inspire me. We are authors, it is claimed!

Angel said...

Hey you, first time im posting on here, wishing you lots of luck with your novel - what is it about?

Scorned Woman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Strongblkwmn said...

Hi Angel. Thanks for visiting. My novel is about three relationships. I've been married 20 years and listen to a lot of my friends talk about their relationships and I think I have a good grasp on both sides of the coin.