Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dear Diary 32

Dear Diary,

Life is so short. You never know what can happen. My husband and I were going down the West Side Highway here in New York and fire trucks and police cars were zooming by left and right. It was kind of scary because we had absolutely no idea what was going on. My husband turned to 1010 WINS, the all news station, and the reporter was talking about a plane crashing into the Hudson. My heart dropped.

Luckily, thanks to a great pilot and quick response, everyone got out alive and all injuries were minor. The first thing I thought of when I heard about the plane was a terrorist attack. Anything having to do with an airplane brings back terrible memories for us New Yorkers. I was relieved to find out that birds, not terrorists, caused the pilot to land the plane on the river. He gets top props for his skills.

That crash made me think a lot about my life. I've spent some time feeling sorry for myself and not being as confident as I should be. I've done a lot of work on those issues and, even though i'm not exactly where I want to be, I have made lots of progress. My lack of confidence told me that I would not have the moxxy to shop my novel around. That has totally changed. I'm ready to share my gift with the world. I'm ready and I know it's my time.

I pray for those who went through the plane crash. I hope they know how blessed they are. The Lord could be saving them for something big. I've been feeling like my true blessing is coming. There's something about this year that has me feeling optimistic. Maybe i'm looking forward to Tuesday and what's to come after our first Black president is sworn in. Maybe I just have a new outlook on life and positivity is really flowing through my body. Whatever the reason, it feels good.

Until tomorrow....

3 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I'm glad that your spirits are up. You may not be where you want, but I am quite certain that you are where GOD wants you.

It's taking me some time to learn that and I'm patiently waiting for him to give me my next step.

My prayers are with the passengers and Pilot also. I'm sure the aftermath left a lot of people change for the better.

His will, not ours.

Enjoy Dr. King's Birthday and the Celebration tomorrow as "His, dream comes to life."

Love, peace and blessings.

Strongblkwmn said...

I really have this feeling that i'm being prepared for something big. I know that it won't come until i'm ready and the first step for me was changing the way that I think. I have to move myself from being so pessimistic and worrysome. Those days are over. I'm determined to think positively have faith and recognize and appreciate my blessings.

SLC said...

I love your attitude and I pray I catch it. I know great things are in store for you this year. I'm glad I'm along for the ride.

Peace.

SLC