Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dear Diary 31

Dear Diary,

I womaned up and went to my manager and told her how I felt. It's not in my character to hold things in, plus I felt it was important that I get things out in the open before I got to the point of explosion.

We both come in very early, so I was able to speak to her before the office filled up. I let her know that her micro managing style was making me uncomfortable. I also told her if she continued to constantly check my work there was no reason for me to do it. All of the things feeling spilled out of my mouth and I felt so much better when I was done. It wasn't about her response, because I knew it would be one of denial (and it was). It was about me letting her know how I felt. I was not willing to carry it around anymore.

My job situation was spilling over into other aspects of my life, even my blogging. It was hard for me to get out of bed in the morning because I didn't want to go to work. I became stressed because I was holding in something that was bothering me. I don't like to do that. I always said I would never allow another job to stress me out. It happened once before and I actually became physically ill. Getting rid of what was bothering me was of the utmost importance.

Even though she denied being a micro manager, my feelings are out in the open and I received an apology and promise that things will change. The funny thing is, in her denial my manager said she has heard that complaint before and doesn't understand where it is coming from. That made me laugh.

I feel so much better. I am determined to make 2009 one of the best years i've ever had and I will not allow anyone's issues to change that.

2 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Wow, what a big girl pill. If I was in the private industry I would have done that a long time ago. In my line of work you have to pick your battles inside the work place and fight them out in the community. If I speak up about certain things, I will either get heavy disciplined or transferred.

I'm glad you got that Monkey off your back.

Now the blessings will flow freely and your vision ahead will be a lot clearer.

Have a great Thursday.

SLC said...

I wanted you to know that I'm praying yours and your husband's commute home is peaceful (plane Hudson traffic).

Your boldness is a blessing with priceless results.

SLC