Saturday, November 1, 2008

Dear Diary 21

Dear Diary,

We did an interesting exercise at our couples meeting Monday that I was thinking about earlier. My husband and I had to pick two words from a list that described each other and give examples of how and when we demonstrated these qualities.

I chose brave, and hard working for my husband. I chose the words I did because my husband is such a warrior. He's not at all afraid to stand up for what he believes and always says he fears no man, only God. Whenever any of our family members need someone to stand up for them, he is the one they call. Whenever we're together I feel totally safe. I don't worry about anything because I know my warrior is there for me. It's one of the things I love most about him. He is always there for the ones he loves. He also has one of the most thankless, hard, and dangerous jobs there is. He's a New York City sanitation worker and works very hard, especially in the winter.

My husband chose the words creative and loving for me. Creative is a given. He knows that I love to write and i've finished my next novel. He also added the way I plan parties and outings and get our friends and family to come out. He chose loving because of the way I am with him, our children, and family. He always says I have a, "huge heart."

The most important parts of the exercise was choosing three words to describe our children. We chose ambitious, strong, and motivated. Our children are wonderful people. They always go for what they want. My daughter has both a Bachelors and Masters degree and my son graduated second in his class. She is a pre-school teacher and we are very proud. I attended the graduation of her first class in June and it was beautiful to get a glimpse of what a wonderful educator she is. My daughter is one of the most confident, self assured people I have ever met.

My son is a freshman in college. His goal was to make the basketball team at his school. We all have a passion and my son's is basketball. He loves it and is an excellent player. My baby boy worked his ass off and made that team. I'm so proud of him. As of freshman he probably won't get as much playing time as he did in high school, where he was BMOC. He understands that, but will continue to be the team player he has always been. My son has a remarkably gentle spirit and always has a calming influence on those around him.

Our children inspire my husband and I. We look at them and know that we have done well. Like I always say, we contributed two wonderful people to the universe. I love my family and feel that I am truly blessed. I couldn't ask for three better people to share my life with.

Until tomorrow....

1 comment:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Love, peace & contiuned blessings to you and your family. God is good all the days of "our lives". Those accomplishments were already written in "his book" before you ever came to be!

Have a great day!