Friday, October 24, 2008

Dear Diary 19

Dear Diary,

Someone very close to me is in the hospital. He has sarcoidosis and they found a clot in his lungs that spread to his heart. The doctors told him he would have died if he would have gone a few more days without going to the doctor.

It's so hard to see someone you love going through something like this. It makes you remember how precious life is.

My husband and I had an argument Sunday night and we weren't too fond of one another Monday morning. What if, God forbid, something would have happened to him? Would I want the last words I said to him to be out of anger? I love my husband very much and never want to go to bed angry again.

I'm so glad my father and I never argued because I never got the chance to say goodbye to him. Our conversations were always filled with love and laughter. I miss him very much, but draw comfort in the fact that angry words were not something we shared.

After my father's death, I began to value the ones I love more. A conversation does not end without me saying, "I love you." That is so important. It's also nice to hear, even if it's known. You don't realize that you take for granted someone will always be there until they're gone. I wish my father's death wasn't the catalyst for this realization, but it was.

I am going to do all I can to make angry words a thing of the past. Words of love are so much better. No more going to bed angry. There are times when my husband makes me crazy, but if I lost him, I could not be found.

3 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Beautifully written, I hope your husband reads this.

Scorned Woman said...

I am new to your blog and really respect the relationship you seem to have with your spouse. Envy is a strong word, so I will say I wish I had what you have. I've been dealt a lot of love blows, but have been trying to stick and move.

Good luck and God bless and you have a new blog reader in me.

Preston said...

What a great way to think. I accidentily stumbled upon your blog and I have to say that I really like your blog but I don't see any means for me to follow you. You should join a group like blogcatalog or entrecard. Or maybe check out The Secret is in the Sauce blog. Anyway, I guess I'll just have to bookmark you. :)