Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dear Diary 16

Dear Diary,

It's Tuesday and I feel like it's Friday. I was given a bit of a promotion and some extra responsibilities. I'm so busy that I don't know what to do. On one hand I love it and on the other hand I miss all the free time I had before.

My supervisor was demoted. She's not a very bright woman and has never been effective. It has always been extremely frustrating knowing more about the job than the person who is suppose to be "in charge." No matter how much we complained, nothing was done about her incompetence.

She was demoted as retaliation for a false complaint she made against her supervisor. No one could believe she would actually do something like that. I think they wanted to fire her, but feel sorry for her at the same time. I would never wish that anyone lost their job, especially the way things are going these days. Demoting her was the humane thing to do.

This may sound funny, but her situation reminds me of Sarah Palin. She's out of her league, but would never admit it. The higher ups at my job have always known that my supervisor was not capable of doing her job, but they threw her to the wolves anyway. This is the same thing the McCain campaign has done to Palin. I could never think of my ex supervisor running anything and I definitely couldn't see Palin running the country. (Bless her heart)

I guess i'm so obsessed with this election that I see similarities everywhere. We're in the last days of the campaigns and I just hope Obama can keep his lead until November 5th.

Until tomorrow....

2 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Hopefully she will humble herself and praise God for a demotion and instead of severence pay. As far as Palin, she gets my blood pressure up and I ain't going out like "that" smile.

Strongblkwmn said...

Sadly, I don't think my ex supervisor knows the meaning of the word humble. She's had cancer twice and it didn't change her behavior at all. You would think she'd be praising God for sparing her life but that's not what happen. All I can do is pray for her.........Palin too.