Monday, March 29, 2010

Dear Diary 68

Dear Diary,

I've been a grandmother for a little over a month. It is totally amazing! I absolutely adore my granddaughter. She has totally changed my outlook on life. I feel so thankful that God chose to bless us with her life.

The love that fills my heart is something words cannot explain. It's something i've never felt. Once upon a time I thought motherhood was the most beautiful experience a woman could have. Being a grandmother has catpulted me into another atmosphere. I feel like i'm floating on a cloud when I hold my grandbaby in my arms. She looks at me with those big, brown eyes and I melt.

My children are grown. I'd forgotten how wonderful it was to see a baby smile for the first time or how nice it was to have your house filled with that baby smell. It's great! Little Lia has stolen our hearts. I love the way my husband's eyes light up when he sees her. She returns the light when he sings to her. I use to think the songs he made up were silly but now I think they're the cutest thing in the world. She loves it. He calls her Sugar Bear and I think she likes it.

I've always tried to be the best example I could be for my children. My granddaughter has taken me to another level. She makes me want to be a better person. I held her the other day and cried because I felt as though I was holding God's love. I thanked him over and over and prayed that I am worthy of such a blessing. I will do my best to love my granddaughter and ensure that she has the life she deserves.

Until tomorrow....

No comments: