Friday, July 24, 2009

Dear Diary 56


Dear Diary,

It's not easy when a relationship you cherish falls apart. The Lord works in mysterious ways. He puts you in situations that force you to see who people really are and come out of any denial you might be in. Even though you may not realize it at the time, it's a good thing.

This is the situation i'm in. Circumstances have shown me who some people I thought were important to me are all about. After some careful thought I have decided that these people no longer have a place in my life. That's fine with me. I don't have time for dead weight. There's too much in store for me.

I have a problem with worrying. I've gotten a lot better but there have been times when I have thought things so deep into the ground that I stressed myself out. I can't do that anymore. There's no way I can move forward in my life if I am still holding on to the same bad habits. I'm learning to let go. It's not easy but it feels good.

Today I let someone know that I realized their place in my life and have decided to move on without them. It felt great. To be rid of energy that is bringing you down is always a good thing. Toxic relationships can really do a job on a person. I don't need that in my life. I don't need relationships that are not reciprocal. I just can't deal with that anymore.

Changing someone's place in my life doesn't mean I love them any less. It just means I have to love them from a distance. I'm doing all that I can to keep my heart healthy. It looks like that doesn't include people I would have loved to be a part of my life. I have to let go.

Someone emailed me this quote today and it really fits:

"Letting go of your old self and the process of letting the new you emerge can be one of the scariest experiences in your life. But by leaving behind your old self and taking a leap of faith into the unknown, it might just reveal what you are truly capable of becoming."

Until tomorrow....

3 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Love the decision you made! You probably feel like a feather now!
That quote has a lot of truth to it, and I can certainly testify to it! I have a lot of gray hair under my beautiful black locs because I was the Queen of worry! I started at an early age trying to please everyone and be the likable one. I gave it all to the LORD and now I'm flying free. Welcome to Freedom! You're going to find it a lot easier to let go of other "stuff" too!

Love for a great weekend!
China

Strongblkwmn said...

Butterfly - I'm a little sad because of the change I had to make but I know it's for the better. I do feel free because I know I made the right decision.

Solomon said...

Love this post. I know it can be difficult to let people go that are dead weight sometimes, but I know for me it I keep my faith in Him, He will always show me what action I need to take.

I needed to let someone go over the weekend too. In times past this simple task would have weighed on me for weeks and I might not have even been able to do it. But with His guidance I was able to do what I needed to do yesterday and today I feel good about my decision. It is a blessing that I can make the right choices in my life today, and I couldn't do it without God in my life.

Nice post! You alwasy give me so much that I can either relate to or take and put in my arsenal for future use.