Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dear Diary 57


Dear Diary,

I have really been slacking on my blogging and book editing. I have no idea why or how this happened. There was a time when almost everything I laid eyes on was a blog topic and every waking moment was spent with my book pages and a pen in my hand. My original goal was to have my book published by the end of the year. At this point I don't think that is going to happen.

Today I took a step in toward getting myself back on track. My job gave a course titled, "How to Stay Focused on Your Goals." It was a pretty good course. The instructor was great. Her energy was wonderful and she had some great ideas. By the time the class was over I felt energized all over again.

I felt bad because I saw my so-called deadline slipping away. After class I realized that I never really had one. There were no specifics. "The end of the year" is not good enough. I now have dates in mind that I am determined to stick by, but I also know that I shouldn't down myself if the time comes and i'm not quite ready.

Writing is my passion. I don't want my process to feel like a chore. This is my dream. I definitely don't want to look back after all is said and done and feel like I had a horrible experience. Writing my book was a joy for me. Seeing something I have wanted for so long happen will be the cherry on top of a sundae that's been in the making for years.

I'm looking forward to the day when I can say i'm a published author.

Until tomorrow....

6 comments:

Solomon said...

That doesn't seem so bad if you have to wait till the end of the year for your book to be published.

At least you'll be living out the dream you have had for so long. Keep your head up, things don't seem that bad if you take a step back and look at what is happening right now.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Tammy, it's GOD's timing, not ours. We often put pressure on ourselves that takes us away from living in the moment! GOD knows the plans HE has for you and you alone.

Remember when Oprah stopped focusing on the role she desparately wanted in the Color Purple is when Quincy Jones called her!


Love ya!
Free Spirit

Strongblkwmn said...

Solomon - I've come to learn that I am my worse critic. I have to have more patience and learn to give myself the benefit of the doubt.

Butterfly - I've been doing a lot of praying on this. I'm receiving clarity but my impatient nature always peeks in from time to time. I know that he will bless me when he sees fit.

MOMSWEB said...

Love your blog! My passion is writing also and I can so relate to trying to meet our own deadlines. I finally finished with the editing process of a book and being able to exhale onto the next stage is a breath of fresh air.

Strongblkwmn said...

Momsweb - Good luck!

Just Kel said...

I agree with Free Spirit Butterfly... we can set all of the timelines, but everything happens in its own time. Your time will come. Your passion will soon be realized. Stay persistent & focused.

(((HUGS)))