Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dear Diary 52


Dear Diary,

I woke up before my alarm clock went off this morning. My husband and I use the alarm on my cell phone because it's really loud. I wasn't ready to get up, so I laid in bed and said a prayer. When I was done I began to think of my father. I often feel like he is with me and it gives me comfort. That is what he did for me when he was alive so there's no reason it should change.

As I laid in bed I said, "If you're here daddy, give me a sign." As soon as the thought left my head my alarm clock went off and said, "Hello Moto," like it does every morning. I took that as a sign that my daddy was around me. It may sound funny, and it might not even be true, but that's what it meant to me.

I told my co-worker about what happened and she said I miss my dad so much that i'm grasping at straws because my alarm clock goes off at the same time each day. She can have her opinion. I still believe he was letting me know he was there. I had no idea what time it was and was not expecting the alarm. My daddy was saying hello to me. I don't care what anyone says.

Yes, I may believe it because that's what I want. So what. I really wish my father was here. There's so much I would love to talk to him about. I still talk to him and often make decisions based on the advice I think he would give me, but it would be so much better if I could actually converse with him. I know that's not going to happen so when I ask for a sign and my alarm says, "Hello," i'm going to say it was my daddy.

Until tomorrow....

5 comments:

SLC said...

Unsolicited opinions. Nausea inducing commentary. I WISH your co-worker knew how important it is to wish and dream without the restraints of COMMON SENSE. I have dreams and wishes along the lines of yours and they are mine to cherish.

I wish I could be at the next book club meeting.

Love you,
SLC

CareyCarey said...

Nice writing.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I'm with you, it was your dad. He is there and he knows when you need him. Sitting quietly with yourself reveals it more so than being in the prescence of others.

Hold on tight to your memories and you will have one grand affair when you meet again.

PS - Write a letter to him about how you feel and what's on your mind and put in it a treasure chest as if you're actually mailing it. (smile)

Hugs and Love
China

Strongblkwmn said...

SLC - She had a lot of issues with her dad and that's what we ended up talking about. I don't think she could understand where I was coming from.

Carey - Thanks

Butterfly - I'm going to write that letter.

zakeisha said...

I think that Fathers are more important in a girl's life than we'll ever realize.

It was him. ;-)