Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dear Diary 36


Dear Diary,

I'm not sure how I feel about Valentine's day. I've been with my husband for a long time and we've never really gotten into it. We tell each other I love you every day. Our love is very evident. I'm not so sure we need a special day to prove it.

My son is 18 and this day is very important to him. He's spent days getting things together for his girlfriend and they have a big day planned. I think that's cute and very caring. Seeing how into it he was took me back to the days when I first met his father. I was 15 and he was 18. We only had one Valentines Day together before we became parents. I can't say I remember how we spent it, but I consider it special because it was the first one.

We've had our share of flowers, cards, and candy and it was nice. We did the dinners and romantic nights. It's years later and our feelings for each other have escalated, we've had our share of ups and downs, and we're still together. I love him more right now than I thought I ever would.

We didn't say, "Happy Valentine's Day," when we woke up this morning we said, "I love you." Some of the things we've gone through have taught us to cherish every day you have with the one you love. There's no need to save it all up for one day. This is a cute holiday but, hopefully, we all learn to let the ones we love know how much they mean to us as often as we can.

Until tomorrow....

1 comment:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I'm with you. I feel sorry for the ones who feel pressured by their significant others to spend money on this day with dinner, gifts, flowers, etc...

When I love you, you feel it and know it and I don't need a calendar to remind me about love. But in any event, HAPPY Valentine's Day to those who go all out...

Many continued blessings to you and your husband!

Love, peace and blessings!