Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dear Diary 34


Dear Diary,

Lately i've been feeling like all of my senses are heightened. My mind is like a sponge, my heart is bursting with emotion, and my eyes are opening to so many things and seeing people for who they really are. I can't help but feel that a blessing is coming my way because i'm being shown so much. It feels like things are being moved to prepare me for what is coming my way. This is a great thing. I want to be a prepared receiver.

I'm 40 years old but sometimes I feel like a newborn. Life is about constantly learning and experiencing new things. At no time in their life does a person know everything. I've come across some who thought they had learned all of life's lessons. I don't really listen to these types of people or seek out their advice. No one knows it all and people who think they do aren't always capable of seeing things from other perspectives.

I learned a great lesson over the past week. The people you love aren't always who you think they are. The ones closest to you are the ones most capable of hurting you and not really caring. It was a hard lesson to learn, but I am so glad for the experience. Things were really put into perspective for me. I now know that I have to face facts and I am no longer burying my head in the sand about certain things.

When you love people it's hard to see them for who they are and not who you want them to be. I have been trying to deny certain traits of some of the people I love but they were put in my face in a manner that was hard to ignore. I now have no choice but to face reality.

There's something out there for me. I know that it's up to me to go and get it and i'm ready. I'm going to take all the things I am being shown and use them to make a better me. I've spent too many years not being true to myself because I didn't want to hurt others. Enough is enough. I got a big slap in the face and heart and I will not allow it to happen again.

I would like to say thank you to the people who hurt my feelings so badly that I had no choice but to woman up and move on. They have made me stronger.

Until tomorrow....

2 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I want to give them a big shout out too. Because all those people we come across are unknowingly increasing "our" blessings.

Love you!
Have a great weekend.

SLC said...

Hey sis.
It's amazing the reaction you receive from people who hurt you when they see you prospering in spite of and because of what they put you through.

My favorite line:

No one knows it all and people who think they do aren't always capable of seeing things from other perspectives.
SO TRUE!

Have a blessed week.
SLC