Sunday, December 7, 2008

Dear Diary 26

Dear Diary,

I've been feeling a little run down lately. I think it's a combination of personal and work issues. I'm a little stressed out and I hate feeling this way.

Tomorrow i'm going to have a long talk with my boss. I'm always being told how efficient and dependable I am. It's nice to be recognized, but not as nice when the responsibilities are piling up and the pay is staying the same. I've been rolling with the punches because I actually like staying busy, but it's getting to the point where i'm feeling used.

I would like to look for another job but that's not the best idea in this economic climate. I've been on my job for 13 years and I have great pension and benefits, some of the best in the city. It wouldn't make much sense to leave right now. In a way I feel stuck. I'm not really crazy about my job, but I know that i'm blessed to have it. I can only imagine how many people would love to be in my shoes.

If I had it my way, and didn't have bills to pay and a family to take care of, i'd quit and concentrate on my writing. I watch these movies and read articles about people who give up everything for their dream. It would be wonderful if that was my reality.

My husband makes very good money and could probably pay the bills on his own if I quit, but I could not let that happen. It wouldn't be fair to him, and I wouldn't be able to live depending on him. I'm an independent woman and I have to have my own money. I have to be able to do what I want, when I want, and not have to ask anyone for the cash to do it.

Anything worth having is worth working for. So, it'll take me a little longer to finish editing my book and get it published. It's worth the work and i'm ready to put it in.

Until Tomorrow....

3 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Happy Sunday young lady... WOW paragraph number 3 has my name written all over it. I have great benefits, pension and lots of leave build up but I feel like a person filling a seat, not a person making a difference. I want to fulfill my dream too but I don't want GOD to think that I'm not appreciative with what I have now. I'm stuck as well, seven more years I can retire but my bank account wouldn't agree with that. So in the mean time as Iyanla Vanzant says, we'll keep doing what we're doing....

Love, peace & blessings for a great week. Hope that all goes well when you speak w/your boss!

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hello there!

This economy is terrible right NOW but that is not a reason to remain stagnant in our professional lives...if we BELIEVE that we can and should do more then we must embrace it and start elevating ourselves.

There are many people unemployed right now and the job market is not fantastic but people get fired from jobs every day and people go on disability and people retire and people move to new cities, so there are STILL going to be openings in the job market even in an economic slump.

Sometimes, we want to do what is "safe" but to move into greatness we also have to be willing to risk...and that takes faith.

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

Unknown said...

Dude! How many people do you know that actually likes their job? It's something that so many people face. It's good to know that your blessed in so many different ways. At times that may be the only thing that keeps us going. You'll be done with your book before you know it :-) You're a very intelligent young lady, and very dedicated to your dream. You never know what tomorrow holds, so stay positive, and finish editing that freakin book!