Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dear Diary 61


Dear Diary,

I was so aggravated when I left work Wednesday. The things they come up with on my job amaze the hell out of me. I feel like i'm taking a trip to grammar school five days a week. I was so happy that I would be off Thursday because I was on the verge of exploding. I prayed that the day off would help me get myself together so that I would be okay when I went in Friday.

God truly does work in mysterious ways. I got a call from one of my co-workers telling me that they needed someone to work Saturday. If I agreed to work I would be able to take Friday off. This was a wonderful thing! All of the offices are closed on Saturday and only the evening/weekend staff comes in. I wouldn't have to deal with anyone I didn't want to see.

The Lord knew I needed that extra day and I am so thankful. I had time to realize that he is in control and not the people who think they are. I cannot allow a boss with no backbone to upset me. The idiotic policies they come up with make no sense. I know this and i'm not sure why I get upset when they come to us with more stupidity and nonsense.

I have a plan for my life that does not include sitting in a cubicle five days a week. This is just a means to an end. I know the day will come when I will walk out of this place with a smile. I just have to continue to work toward my goals and not allow people without lives to affect mine.

I'm good and thankful.

Until tomorrow....

6 comments:

Solomon said...

Just the attitude I've also taken as of recently. I have finally learned not to take on other peoples drama, ideas, or focus.

I can't change the way others think or act. I've learned to just do my part to the best of my ability and not buy into anything I don't agree with.

There is not sense getting all worked up about what others are doing around me. They all can do whatever they need to do. If that's what makes them happy (or unhappy) they can go for it.

Strongblkwmn said...

Solomon - That's exactly how I feel. All focusing on others bull does is bring your spirit down.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Always praying for you and wishing you all the success as you journey through the editing, publishing process of your dream!

Pray for those negative souls and keep it moving! The Lord has a plan for them too. (smile)

Love and hugs
China

Strongblkwmn said...

Butterfly - I pray for them every day. Is it possible that prayer can't help some folks????? LOL!

Don said...

and i'm good with the fact that u r both good and thankful. i think we mirror one another in our attitudes on what we just cannot see ourselves doing for the rest of our lives. in that regards, i wish u well in ur present and future endeavors.


long time, huh? lol.

Strongblkwmn said...

Don! It's so good to see you. I'm glad you thought to visit my blog when you returned.